Description: I am doing the tasks Olympic Games
Feedback: Nice work there is lots of writing and it is very colourful nice work I think you do get a green target.
Feed forward: Next time you could make your circles more round.
Task Two: The Summer Olympic Games
The Summer Olympic Games are held every four years. It is a major sporting event in which thousands of competitors from almost every nation in the world compete.
Originally, the ancient Olympic Games were held in Olympia, Greece from the 8th century BC to the 4th century AD. Then for 1500 years the Olympic Games weren’t held until Baron Pierre de Coubertin founded the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1894.
The Olympic Games have taken place every four years since 1894, except for when World Wars I and II led to the cancellation of the 1916, 1940 and 1944 games.
The decision-making body for the games is the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The IOC is responsible for choosing the host city for each Olympic Games. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (Rio) is hosting the Olympic Games in 2016.
More than 10,000 athletes from 207 nations will compete in over 300 events during the Rio Olympic Games. The top three athletes in each event receive Olympic medals; gold for rst place, silver for second place and bronze for third place.
The Olympic Games are a remarkable event with so many memorable moments. It is an event where dreams are achieved and sporting heroes made.
- How often are the summer Olympic Games held?
every four years.
- In which three years did World Wars cause the cancellation of the Olympic Games?
the 1916, 1940 and 1944 games.
- What does IOC stand for?
International Olympic Committee
- What does the winner of each event receive?
5. Who founded the IOC in 1894?
Baron Pierre de Coubertin
6. In which country were the first Olympic Games (the ancient Olympics) held? Olympia, Greece
7. Approximately how many competitors will compete at the Rio Olympic Games? More than 10,000 athletes
Task Three: The Olympic Flag
Research about the Olympic Flag and then answer the following questions.
- Who designed the Olympic Flag? Pierre de Coubertin
- In which three years did World Wars cause the cancellation of the Olympic Games? the 1916, 1940 and 1944 games.
- What do the five rings represent? Africa, America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
- Why were yellow, black, green, red and blue chosen?every country participating in Olympics, has at least one of these colours in their flag.
- Why are the rings interlocked? the meeting of the athletes from all across the five continents for Olympic games.
- Draw the Olympic Flag.
Try these links to help you...